MARSHALL MATTRESS SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Headquartered in North York, Ontario, Marshall Mattress is the inventor of the pocket coil spring mattress. Founded in 1900, Marshall Mattress revolutionized the mattress manufacturing industry and consumer sleep options in the process. As the originators of the world’s first and still finest spring filled mattress, the Company is hiring for multiple Outside Sales Representative positions across Canada to manage, maintain and grow its retailer base. Marshall Mattress is seeking driven, goal oriented Sales Associates in Western Canada, Ontario, Northeastern USA, Illinois and Florida to support company growth opportunities.
Under the general supervision of the VP of Sales and Business Development, in this position the incumbent will conduct sales calls and track sales activities, achieve predetermined sales objectives, service existing and new company growth and development. The incumbent will serve as a representative of Marshall Mattress displaying courtesy, tact, consideration, and discretion in all interactions with Company employees, our retailers and the public.
Duties and responsibilities
- Service existing Marshall Mattress accounts in your territory and establish relationships and rapport with Marshall Mattress retailers
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with existing and prospective retailers
- Proactively assesses, clarifies and validates customer opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively focuses on strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones for both short and long range execution.
- Provides training support and product knowledge sessions for retailers in your territory
- Identify new business opportunities for Marshall Mattress
- Provide sales solutions to assist in the growth of Marshall Mattress in targeted markets
- Introduce new collections to retailers
- Provide feedback on our competitive landscape
- Provide direction to VP of Sales and Business Development on new in-market products and trends
- Where required, handle customer complaints and concerns
- Participate in efforts to achieve company goals and objectives
- Work closely with Business Development at Head Office
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Minimum 5 years previous sales experience is required, preferably in Mattress and Furniture industry
- Ideal candidate has strong knowledge of the mattress and furniture industry and preferably has established relationships
- The incumbent must be a skilled negotiator, able to write reports and business correspondence as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Self-motivated; able to prioritize tasks
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Quick thinking, goal oriented individual who can prioritize activities and has the drive, energy and follow-through to achieve results in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment;
- Candidate must be sufficiently skilled with MS Office
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position in the subject line.